Re: Implementing reliable cross-staff stems

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: Implementing reliable cross-staff stems
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 11:14:59 -0500

Quoting "address@hidden" <address@hidden>:

You can use Scheme engravers.  I use them for exactly this sorta thing.

input/regression/scheme-engraver.ly in the source code for LilyPond (you can google this file to find it on a few servers).

Thank you for your reply! Frankly, I don't understand a thing in that file. I guess I need to learn Scheme for real rather than rely on the bits in Lilypond documentation.

But it's good to know of a place where I can look for ideas. I didn't want to delve inside Lilypond sources, as I only wanted to rely on documented interfaces. The test suite may lie somewhere in between, so maybe I'll find some ideas there.

Speaking of my problem, it looks like I need to find the grob for the pianostaff. The pianostaff context doesn't seem to have information about the actual layout of the staves in a particular place.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin