Re: NR 1.1.2, transpose: obscure sentence

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: NR 1.1.2, transpose: obscure sentence
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 17:26:41 +0000 (UTC)

Federico Bruni <fedelogy <at> gmail.com> writes:

> NR 1.1.2
> Transpose, Known issues and warnings
>
> "The relative conversion will not affect \transpose, \chordmode or
> \relative sections in its argument. To use relative mode within
> transposed music, an additional \relative must be placed inside \transpose."

As I understand it, this simply means that
\relative c' { a b c \transpose a c {d e f} a b c}

is the same thing as

{
  \relative c' { a b c}
  \transpose a c {d e f}
  \relative {a b c}
}

and the same if we replace \transpose with \chordmode

Also, I believe it means that in

\relative c' {a b d \relative g' {a b c} }

the g' is not relative to the d' obtained from the action of the first
relative, but instead is an absolute pitch.

HTH,

Carl