Re: "include" music-function

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: "include" music-function
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 20:40:46 +0000

On 1/6/12 7:28 AM, "David Kastrup" <address@hidden> wrote:

>Now I don't want to repeat old mistakes, but I don't really have the
>time for an extended investigation.  So if somebody gives me all the
>data in a manner that does not require all too much thinking on my side,
>I might try putting that kind of functionality back.

Here is a thread that discusses this problem.  You were not interested in
eliminating
parser-parse-file at this point, but it appears that it got eliminated
anyway.

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.lilypond.devel/29392/focus=29404

These patches came in response to issue 1096,

<http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1096>

where a segfault happened with parser-parse-string due to infinite
recursion, IIUC.  Also see issue 1119:

<http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1119>

A related thread (indexed in issue 1096) is:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2010-02/msg00106.html

HTH,

Carl