Re: Metronome Marks above a StaffGroup

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: Metronome Marks above a StaffGroup
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 18:58:09 +0100

On 7 January 2012 18:21, Andrew C. Smith
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> On larger orchestral scores a metronome mark will appear at the top
> of each staff group (like strings, winds, brass, etc.) Is there a way
> to achieve this in Lilypond?
>
> I've tried removing Staff_collecting_engraver and Metronome_mark_engraver
> from the score and adding them to StaffGroup, but that didn't do it.
> I can find anything relevant in the LSR or the docs.
>
> Any ideas?

Hi,

This is the same kind of request as here :
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2011-12/msg00395.html

It is not (currently) possible to move the "Mark_engraver" or the
"Metronome_mark_engraver" to the StaffGroup level.  I'm writing a bug
report about this.

You can add it to the first Staff of your StaffGroup .  The drawback is
that there will be no mark above the StaffGroup if this first staff is
removed (Frenched score: use of \RemoveEmptyStaves).

Cheers,
Xavier

--
Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden>