Re: Reduce width of single measure

From: James
Subject: Re: Reduce width of single measure
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 19:22:46 +0000

Xavier,

On 14 December 2011 08:37, Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 14 December 2011 05:31, Nick Payne <address@hidden> wrote:
>> How can I reduce the width of a single measure? i.e. in the final bar below
>> containing the chord of whole notes, I want the width of the measure to be
>> just wide enough to contain the chord.
>
>  \once \override Score.SpacingSpanner #'spacing-increment = #0.5
>  \newSpacingSection
>  <e' c g e c>1 |

I tried to use this myself on the first bar of a piece to get a
'squashed' hairpin linger by extending the measure but I cannot seem
to *only* make it affect the first measure.

version "2.14.1"

\relative c' {
  \time 3/4
  \override Score.SpacingSpanner #'spacing-increment = #2
  \newSpacingSection
  c'2.\sfz\> |
  \revert Score.SpacingSpanner #'spacing-increment
  c4\f c r | c2.\fz\> |
  r4 r g8\fz r |
}

The rest of the measures are also affected. I wonder if you or anyone
else knows how to do this just for a single measure.

James