Re: Reduce width of single measure

From: Matthew Collett
Subject: Re: Reduce width of single measure
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 09:05:28 +1300

On 9/01/2012, at 8:22 am, James wrote:

> I tried to use this myself on the first bar of a piece to get a
> 'squashed' hairpin linger by extending the measure but I cannot seem
> to *only* make it affect the first measure.

> The rest of the measures are also affected. I wonder if you or anyone
> else knows how to do this just for a single measure.

You need a \newSpacingSection each time you want to change the spacing.  In
particular, you need a new one for the \revert as well as for the \override.

\relative c' {
 \time 3/4
 \override Score.SpacingSpanner #'spacing-increment = #2
 \newSpacingSection
 c'2.\sfz\> |
 \revert Score.SpacingSpanner #'spacing-increment
 \newSpacingSection
 c4\f c r | c2.\fz\> |
 r4 r g8\fz r |
}

In this particular case you don't actually need the first \newSpacingSection,
since it's the beginning of the piece, which naturally is the beginning of a
spacing section anyway.  But in general you would need both.

Best wishes,
Matthew