Re: Change color for some symbols in a sylable

From: Christopher R. Maden
Subject: Re: Change color for some symbols in a sylable
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 12:04:45 -0500

On 01/11/2012 03:54 AM, Светлана wrote:
> Yeah, this works like I wanted, but there is one problem. The problem
> is called UTF-8. All is fine if you have latin lyrics and symbols to
> color from ANSI encoding. Then if you add cyrillic lyrics - the
> function messes all the letters. If you try to add some cyrillic
> symbols to color - lilypond crashes.
>
> I don't know if Scheme is capable of dealing with Unicode easily and
> if you have any expierience with it, but, please, give it a try. Btw,
> I've checked your first function. It works with cyrillic letters
> correctly (just don't forget to convert the files to UTF-8).

LilyPond is fine with UTF-8 (in fact, requires it), so this piqued my
curiosity.

I think the problem likely lies with the char->integer function; that
seems the most likely to mis-handle UTF-8 characters.

suggests it may be a Guile bug, or at least a quirk of Guile’s treatment
of strings and characters.

I don’t know enough of LilyPond internals to say if that’s a problem,
and will punt this back to them as does, but it does seem a likely
diagnosis.

~Chris
“Be wary of great leaders.  Hope that there are many, many small
 leaders.” — Pete Seeger