Re: Trouble with acciaccatura at the beginning of a piece

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Trouble with acciaccatura at the beginning of a piece
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 14:13:55 +0100

2012/1/12 Ninn Langel <address@hidden>:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm just getting started with lilypond, but I do have some programming
> knowledge.
>
> I'm having trouble with this input:

Here is the usual workaround.

> \version "2.15.24"
> \include "english.ly"
>
> global = {
>        \time 2/4
>        \key d \major
>        }
>
> bassPart = \relative c' {
>        \clef bass

insert

  \grace s8

here. An invisible, non slurred acciaccatura.

>        r4 a16 a a a
>        a a a a a a a a
>        }
>
> pianoRight = \relative c'' {
>        \acciaccatura gs8 a8 r a,4~
>        a r
>        }
>

> pianoLeft = \relative c {
>        \clef bass
>        \acciaccatura gs8 a8 r a,4~
>        a r
>        }
>
> \score {
>        <<
>        \new Staff << \global \bassPart >>

Change this to

  \new Staff { \global \bassPart }

>    \new PianoStaff <<
>        \new Staff << \global \pianoRight >>

Change this to

  \new Staff { \global \pianoRight }

>                \new Staff << \global \pianoLeft >>

And this to

  \new Staff { \global \pianoLeft }

>        >>
>        >>
>        \layout { }
> }

The trick, as you can see, is to put invisible acciaccaturas in voices
that do not start with one, and make \global a part of a sequence
rather than a simultaneous voice.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com