Re: \midi syntax question

From: Robert Schmaus
Subject: Re: \midi syntax question
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 14:23:11 +0100

Hi Albert,

there's no \score{ .. } in your version at all (it's missing the
backslash). Also, I don't think that the Staff works the way you had it
(missing curly brackets around the musical statement, which after all
consists of more than one commmand). Actually, you might as well loose
the \clef, too as it has no effect in a midi-only file ... and probably
the same is true for the \remove Time_signature_engraver statement ...

Try this:

\version "2.15.23"
\header { tagline = ##f }

mus = { <e g c'>1 }

\score {

  \new Staff \with { \remove Time_signature_engraver } {

    \clef bass
    \transpose c' a \mus
  }
  \midi { }
}

or, (should produce the same midi file):

\version "2.15.23"
mus = { <e g c'>1 }

\score {
  \new Staff \transpose c' a \mus