Re: Voices vs Stems

From: Alberto Simões
Subject: Re: Voices vs Stems
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 12:14:31 +0000

On 1/14/12 12:13 , Ralph Palmer wrote:

2012/1/14 Alberto Simões <address@hidden
<mailto:address@hidden>>

    Hello

    When a voice splits in two voices, and then go back together, I
    usually use

    <<
        { \voiceOne ... }
        \new Voice { \voiceTwo ... }

    Although this makes a good output (check block 3 in the attached
    image), it makes quarter pauses to go up after this block.

    I tried some combinations of stemUp/stemDown, voiceOne/VoiceTwo but
    I can't get a good one. One the voiceOne/voiceTwo render correctly,
    but it is the only that messes with the placement of pauses after it.

    I can tweak some of the previous blocks (1 or 2) forcing stems and
    slurs to go up or down, but I do not think that's the better approach.

    So, I am missing something.

    What? :)

    Thank you.
    Alberto

Try adding \oneVoice :

<<
    { \voiceOne ... }
    \new Voice
       { \voiceTwo ... }

    \oneVoice

Oh! voiceOne/oneVoice.. easy to forget. thanks :)
Cheers