Re: bar length

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: bar length
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 19:28:34 +0100

Am 14.01.2012 19:16, schrieb David Kastrup:
Angles "D\'Auriac"<address@hidden>  writes:

David Kastrup<dak<at>  gnu.org>  writes:

Angles D'Auriac<dauriac<at>  grenoble.cnrs.fr>  writes:

Hello !
I am a total beginner and I wonder if it is possible to have
all measure of exactly the same length on the score.
Well, that's the definition of measure, isn't it?  Joking aside, you
should find this in the index of the Notation Reference under
"proportional notation" or something like that.

Thank you I will look for that.
Well, I checked.  It is in the section
Spacing Issues/Horizontal spacing/Proportional notation

But there is not actually an index entry for it, apparently.  Ugly.

PS: when "I" am playing, measures can have very different length !
I have been thinking about an Emacs Midi input mode where you set the
bar checks manually after playing and Emacs then calculates the most
likely intended timing.
Not joking? This would be awesome - I think, such a feature would
make me give emacs another try ;-)

Regards,

Marc