Re: mmrest-oflength not generating MMR 2.15.24

From: -Eluze
Subject: Re: mmrest-oflength not generating MMR 2.15.24
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 14:39:55 -0800 (PST)

Paul Scott-4 wrote:

> On 01/15/2012 02:08 PM, -Eluze wrote:
>>
>> Paul Scott-4 wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Can someone tell me why skip-of-length work in this example
>>> but mmrest-of-length doesn't?
>>>
>>> cnotes = \relative c'' { \cadenzaOn c8[ d e f g] \cadenzaOff }
>>> snotes = { $(skip-of-length cnotes) }
>>> mnotes = { $(mmrest-of-length cnotes) }
>>>
>>> \score{
>>>    <<
>>>      \new Staff \cnotes
>>>      \new Staff \mnotes
>>>      \new Staff \snotes
>>>    >>
>>> }
>>>
>> - why do you specify \cadenzaOn and -off?
>> - how would you write a multi measure rest corresponding to 5 eighths in
>> the
>> other staff?
>
> Because this is debugging an attempt to write a cadenza in a score.  I
> only discovered skip-of-length and mmrest-of-length when trying to align
> parts to a cadenza and now I believe I need to use them for this
> purpose.  This is a minimal example of something which doesn't seem to
> work as documented.  Five eighth notes is a small subset of the actual
> cadenza.
>
> Thanks for replying,

I agree it's minimal but maybe too short!

adding notes to fill a full messure (which is 4/4 in this case) enables the
full measure rest to be written.

why \cadenzaOn is disturbing I cannot say, but try the code below:

cnotes = \relative c'' { c8[ d e f g] c[ c c ] }