Re: Handel's Messiah -- question about finding which ly file runs the wh

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Handel's Messiah -- question about finding which ly file runs the whole shebang
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 17:11:47 +0100

<address@hidden> writes:

>> ---- David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> Have you tried running
>>>
>>> convert-ly -ed
>>>
>>> on the files?
>
> I think so--I'm using the version for Mac OS X, and there's a menu
> option under "Compile" that says 'update syntax'.  I suppose this
> accomplishes the same thing?

I think there has been more than a single version for MacOSX, and you
are apparently using some GUI wrapper.  Most of the people on this list
won't be using one, and if they do, chances are that they are using a
different one on a different operating system.

So if you are intent to get useful advice, it might be worth posting
some lines of what you are working with.

Also if your GUI has some option "update syntax" with the suspected
meaning, at least I have no idea which files would actually get an
update, and what would be done in case the files contained no version
statement.  Again, without actual examples from the presumably converted
files, it is hard to tell.

And then you don't specify either the version of LilyPond you have
installed, or the version declared inside of the files (if any), whether
before or after syntax conversion.

--
David Kastrup