Re: Handel's Messiah -- question about finding which ly file runs the wh

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: Handel's Messiah -- question about finding which ly file runs the whole shebang
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 19:46:29 +0000 (UTC)

 <mrmoo <at> nc.rr.com> writes:

> So then, in the current version I'm running (2.14.2), are those
> escaped strings ( \pieceTocTitle, \pieceToc, and \includeScore )
> invalid commands?

They are not defined by LilyPond (any version).  LilyPond source files may
define their own commands, and mutopiaproject entry defines many commands.

Most of the challenge in getting this to compile is using the separate
command-line program "make" to feed the correct files to Lilypond.
I do not recommend this one as an example of using LilyPond.

I did once get this score through LilyPond, while working on a bug in a
version just before 2.14.  From the file-dates, I see that either I
failed to use the version-conversion program "convert-ly" or it made
no changes.  I did, for some reason, edit the makefile.