Re: Handel's Messiah -- question about finding which ly file runs the wh

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: Handel's Messiah -- question about finding which ly file runs the whole shebang
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 16:48:24 -0500

On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 13:59:24 -0500
<address@hidden> wrote:

> (Sorry, meant to post this to whole list.)
>
> So then, in the current version I'm running (2.14.2), are those
> escaped strings ( \pieceTocTitle, \pieceToc, and \includeScore )
> invalid commands?

Please do at least some minimal search before asking in the list.  I,
for one, downloaded the score and looked at it before answering your
question.

pieceToc and pieceTocTitle are defined in titling.ily, includeScore is
defined in includes.ily, that's all in the Messiah's sources.

The reason why the are reported as invalid is probably because they are
not included when they should be.  Maybe you are starting with a wrong
file or maybe lilypond is confused by invalid syntax elsewhere and
misses \include.

I believe Lilypond developers take backward compatibility seriously and
would not just remove an internal command without adding code to
convert-ly to convert it to the new syntax.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin