Re: Handel's Messiah -- question about finding which ly file runs the wh

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Handel's Messiah -- question about finding which ly file runs the whole shebang
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 00:10:38 +0100

2012/1/16 Keith OHara <address@hidden>:
> Most of the challenge in getting this to compile is using the separate
> command-line program "make" to feed the correct files to Lilypond.
> I do not recommend this one as an example of using LilyPond.

I do, as long as you have many files with many dependencies, and as
long as you can run make at all. LilyPond documents are code, and make
is made precisely for that purpose, namely manage many code chunks
intrincately related and letting the user to be able of just typing
'make' for everything to build. I have not coded in C but have typeset
fairly complex documents in LaTeX and 'make' equals life for that.
Large LilyPond projects usually take much benefit from it.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com