Re: arpeggio in MIDI doesn't work :-(

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: arpeggio in MIDI doesn't work :-(
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 16:34:14 -0500

On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 23:52:28 +0100
Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> wrote:

> 2012/1/16 Mátyás Seress <address@hidden>:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've got a problem, which is: if I put '\arpeggio' after a chord,
> > and create a MIDI file, then it doesn't play like that. It remains
> > to be a simple chord. (I'm trying to do this with "acoustic guitar
> > (nylon)" and "acoustic guitar (steel)" )
> >
> > Can anybody help me with that?
>
> Articulate script may be useful for you:
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/notation-big-page.html#the-articulate-script

Just to make it clear, the articulate script has no support for
arpeggio as of now.  However, if somebody was to implement arpeggio in
Scheme without much regard to the layout, articulate would be the
natural place for that code.

I believe that Lilypond has a great potential to do everything
articulate.ly does without the script and with more control over the
output, and I hope that the code would improve with regard to the MIDI
support.  Still, the articulate script serves an important role as a
playground for MIDI-related features and could be a temporary home for
arpeggio.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin