Separating rehearsal marks from individual parts

From: Hayden Muhl
Subject: Separating rehearsal marks from individual parts
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 02:27:24 -0800

I'm trying to tackle the same problem stated in this post.

http://old.nabble.com/Re%3A-Adding-Rehearsal-Marks%2C-v2.12.2-p27204478.html

I understand the concept, but I can't figure out the specific syntax to make this happen. I have a global variable with skips and rehearsal marks, but every time I try to combine it with the music, I end up with an extra staff. The author of that posts says that there are "lots of examples in the LSR", but my searches have come up dry.

Can someone provide a link to the appropriate snippet, or an example of how to go about doing this?

I'm on v. 2.12.3.

- Hayden