Re: Page layout issues setting Preces & Responses (or, how to remove lin

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Page layout issues setting Preces & Responses (or, how to remove line breaks between \score blocks)
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 22:32:16 +0100

On Jan 19, 2012, at 10:19 PM, Benedict Singer wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been away from Lilypond for a while (I used it as a composer to set my
> pieces, and composition has taken a back seat for a few years). I just want
> to say that looking at the new features in 2.14 (and in 2.12 before that),
> it's incredible what everyone has done, so much thanks!

Welcome back!

> Alternatively, do I need to play games with stopping/starting staffs and
> reprinting clefs/key signatures? If so, how do I make it look exactly like
> the start of a new system (brackets, possibly instrument names, etc)?

This is a fairly difficult job for lilypond to do - I'm not sure if there's an
issue on our isuse tracker open for this, but it's worth e-mailing the bug list
just to check.

A quick idea (you'd have to make it un-ugly, but the functionality is there):

\version "2.14.0"

preface = \markup {
 \general-align #Y #CENTER { \score { { \mark "Priest" a' a' a' } \layout {} }
ALTO }
}

\score {
\new ChoralStaff <<