Re: Collision between tie and pitched trill

From: Patrick Karl
Subject: Re: Collision between tie and pitched trill
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 10:22:24 -0600

On Jan 19, 2012, at 8:42 PM, Caio Barros wrote:

In this example is not so visible. But is there.

But the collision disappears if you use Keith Ohara's suggestion to force the tie below the note head.

In smaller staff sizes it gets worse because the tie is thicker. I actually saw this error in an orchestral score with very small staffs.

\version "2.14.2"
#(set-global-staff-size 8)
\relative g'' {
\pitchedTrill g1 ~ \startTrillSpan a g2

No collision with:  \pitchedTrill g1_ ~ \startTrillSpan a g2
}

If you use other interval other than the second it's even more visible
\version "2.14.2"
\relative g'' {
\pitchedTrill g1 ~ \startTrillSpan bes g2

No collision with:  \pitchedTrill g1_ ~ \startTrillSpan bes g2
}

2012/1/19 Patrick Karl <address@hidden>

> Message: 2
> Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 00:34:09 -0200
> From: Caio Barros <address@hidden>
> To: Keith OHara <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: Collision between tie and pitched trill
>
> Yes, but it's still a collision.

It looks ok at 2.14.2.  I don't see a collision.