Enhancement request for vim filetype plugin

From: Frank Steinmetzger
Subject: Enhancement request for vim filetype plugin
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 19:16:05 +0100

Good evening

I'll write my request first for those who are not interested in the whole
background story :-)  It is about the vim filetype plugin that comes shipped
with lilypond.  The following line needs to be added before any key mapping
(blatantly taken from the ftplugin file for mail and adapted accordingly):

if !exists("no_plugin_maps") && !exists("no_lilypond_maps")

and of course the accompanying endif after the last mapping.

Now the background story:
I wrote to the maintainer who was given in the file, but the message couldn't
be delivered (I almost expected it, since the date of last change is 2004).  So
I hope there are some vim enthusiasts here that put my request to good use.

I was wondering yesterday why my own key bindings for lilypond files didn't
work in vim (I want to press F9 to compile a file). It took me more than two
hours to find it out -- including the help of #vim on IRC. It turned out that:

- the file defines some key mappings of its own
- by default, global key mappings have precedence over those in ~/.vimrc
... fair enough, but
- the F9 keymap doesn't just call :make, but also sets makeprg=make -k
- I tried to disable ftplugin keymaps, just for lilypond and also for all types
- the way of disabling ftplugin mappings recommended by the manual doesn't work
- because the ftplugin file doesn't check for it
» hence the above request

I'm assumeing that the vim file comes directly from lilypond itself, because
it is in the tarball and not from within the package manager directory. (OTOH,
there is no such file in Ubuntu whatsoever, I guess us Gentooans are lucky).

Thanks for your time.
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
I forbid any use of my email addresses with Facebook services.

The only thing still keeping me here is Earth’s gravity.