Re: Copyright for specific scores in a book

From: Christopher R. Maden
Subject: Re: Copyright for specific scores in a book
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 23:57:41 -0500

Thanks to James and Xavier for the suggestions.

I was really asking if I was overlooking something about the copyright
assertion, being surprised that LilyPond ignores it per-score.

This seems like a bug; I’ll report it.

I can use markup to make the correct text come out, but I’ll wait to
hack around on that until I’ve finished the music.  At some point, a
lawyer will come yell at me, but they’re still figuring out to whom to
assign the copyright for the whole book, so I have some time.

As for the 2.14 vs. 2.12 issue: it is unfortunate that Ubuntu and Debian
are still packaging 2.12 as the latest stable release of LilyPond, but
until that changes, my musical scores are not nearly ambitious enough to
run into any of the limitations of 2.12.  If and when I run into
something that breaks in 2.12, I’ll do a manual upgrade, but I’m hoping
to postpone it.

Thanks,
Chris
“Be wary of great leaders.  Hope that there are many, many small
 leaders.” — Pete Seeger