Re: How to prevent Lilypond from cutting off markup?

From: Tobias Leupold
Subject: Re: How to prevent Lilypond from cutting off markup?
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 10:37:55 +0100

Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:
> Of course the upgrade was suggested. But it doesn't
> solve the problem.
> 2.12.3 cuts off the markup (see the first attached png)
> 2.14.2 moves the NoteColumn (see the second png). This is ugly, too.
> (same with 2.15.20)

That's what I mean. I don't think it's "ugly" -- I would expect Lilypond to do
exactly that. Add additional space, so that the markup can be added completely
to the measure (as James said)

address@hidden wrote:
> For now, no - it's codable into lilypond's spacing engine but'd take some
> time. Why not just put a \noBreak at the end of the bar?  It'll prevent the
> spillover in most cases.

That's the solution for my problem -- so simple I didn't sse it ;-)
But anyway, it's not really "nice" in my opinion, a good solution would be
what Thomas wrote:

Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:
> But I was looking for an automated optional method to insert \break
> before the bar with the long markup-text, as Tobias requested in his
> initial mail.

That's it!