Re: user vs. user (was: User vs Developer: Round 2 (and half-time?)(was:

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: user vs. user (was: User vs Developer: Round 2 (and half-time?)(was: Re: music font)
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 12:27:56 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>
To: "Janek Warchoł" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>; "lilypond-user" <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 11:57 AM

Let's take a look at the current statistics, shall we?
http://lilypond.org/~graham/maybe-missing-emails.html
[from 2011 Dec 01 to 2012 Jan 24]

Response category Number Percent of total
Less than 24 hours 50 68.49%
24 to 48 hours    6 8.22%
More than 48 hours 8 10.96%
Never replied      9 12.33%

FWIW, the script isn't always correct - some replies seem to get missed in the mail download. I spent a few minutes looking at this earlier but couldn't work out why. Anyway, let's look at the "missed" ones:

Issue 1377 should be pushed now?

10 Dec I replied "I see James has now said it won't patch master, and so is back to "needs work""

Beam subdivision bug in 2.15.22

Xavier replied same day, Carl followed up.

hot potato bug handling

I replied 18 Dec

error: auto beaming in tuplets after dotted semiquaver

Carl replied same day

Engravers cannot be added at the StaffGroup level

Janek replied same day

PianoStaff, time and grace duplicates the time display

Xavier replied same day

Reorganize NR 1.3 Expressive marks

Fair cop - it was addressed directly to James, though

make doc-stage-1 barfs

Julien replied same day.

wrong beamlet direction in 6/8 and 3/4 measure for dotted quaver and semiquavers

Janek replied same day; Carl followed up.

We may need to add Janek and Xavier to the list of associates.

Of course, a 96-hour reponse rate isn't precisely fantastic, but it's a start.

Well - TBH time isn't of the essence as a general rule. Whether a bug gets added to the tracker in one day or 3 rarely affects the overall development.

--
Phil Holmes