Re: user vs. user (was: User vs Developer: Round 2 (and half-time?) (was

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: user vs. user (was: User vs Developer: Round 2 (and half-time?) (was: Re: music font)
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 17:07:18 +0100

2012/1/24 Tim McNamara <address@hidden>:

> On Jan 24, 2012, at 5:57 AM, Graham Percival wrote:

>>> One thing comes to my mind: you are talking about bugs that annoy many
>>> people, and they waste a lot of your own time.  Have you considered
>>> organizing a collective bounty to fix that bug?
>>
>> We now have a webpage for this:
>> http://lilypond.org/sponsoring.html
>

> Good idea!  As a non-programmer, offering feedback and money are the best
> options I have for supporting Lilypond development.
>
> It's not clear how to offer a bounty on a specific issue through the Website,
> if that is even possible.  Also, it's not clear there is any way to
> contribute to some sort of general fund to pay for server space, bandwidth,
> other operating expenses.  Maybe those things are covered already, I don't
> know.

The bounties are handled in the tracker:
http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/list

Paste in the search bar of the tracker:
label:Bounty

and you'll see them.

I think that the bounties should be advertised on the sponsoring page.
A brief description and a link to
http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/list?can=2&q=label%3ABounty
What do you think?