Re: Bounties

From: Marc Hohl
Subject: Re: Bounties
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 09:48:47 +0100

Am 25.01.2012 02:06, schrieb Tim McNamara:
As a user, I would tend to prefer to just kick money into a general fund and
let someone figure out how it gets utilized for exactly the reason that was
mentioned:  I might want feature X, but groundwork U V and W- about which I
know nothing- would have to precede the addition of feature X.  Bounties could
end up complicating the logical development of Lilypond if they end up causing
piecemeal development.
+1

I think that the bounty model for special features won't work (yet). The bounites drop in from time to
time, and it is not clearly visible whether the offer is still valid.
The implementation of tablature bends had a bounty of about 200$ or even more, but is still is not done.

I don't know about legal and organizational issues, but what about a optional lilypond usage fee? I am willing to pay about 50$ per year for using lilypond and supporting the development team.
And I think there are some more users out therewho would join ...

Regards,

Marc