Re: Bounties

From: Shevek
Subject: Re: Bounties
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 01:00:49 -0800 (PST)

Marc Hohl wrote:

> I don't know about legal and organizational issues, but what about a
> optional lilypond usage fee?
> I am willing to pay about 50$ per year for using lilypond and supporting
> the development team.
> And I think there are some more users out therewho would join ...

As a professional user of Lilypond who switched from Finale, I'm used to
paying a few hundred dollars a year on average for my notation software.
Lilypond in many ways far surpasses Finale for my uses, not least in the
intelligence of the design, the transparency of the notational system, and
the ease of extending its notational capabilities. I would be more than
willing to kick in something on the scale of $100 a year to support Lilypond
development, especially if there were an organizational structure in place
to make sure the money got used effectively.

Saul