Re: enharmonic transposition of key signatures?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: enharmonic transposition of key signatures?
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 11:04:37 +0100

Shevek <address@hidden> writes:

> David Kastrup wrote:
>>

>> global = #(define-music-function (parser location key2) (ly:music?)
>>   #{ \key c \major s1*2 $key2 s1*2 #})
>>
>>> \score {
>>>   \new Staff { \transposition bf \transpose bf c' << \global \music >>
>>>   }
>>
>> ... \global \key b \major ...
>>
>>> \score {
>>>   \new Staff << \global \music >>
>>
>> ... \global \key ces \major ...
>>
>> You can also work with \pushToTag to get your information in there.
>> Except that it might not be available in 2.14.2 yet.
>>

> The music function approach is quite clever and solves my problem
> nicely. I think I'll probably use something similar. Thanks!
>
> Alas, there are several features of the development version that would
> be useful for me, but my files refuse to compile with 2.15.

Have you tried running convert-ly -ed on them?

> It's faster for me to figure out workarounds in 2.14 than to figure
> out what's going on with 2.15. Hopefully whatever is causing my
> compile problems will get sorted out in a future version of 2.15 or
> 2.16.

Again: have you tried running convert-ly -ed on your files?  If you
didn't, it is not likely that your compile problems will _ever_
disappear without manual intervention.

And of course, there is always the option to send me the whole bunch of
your files and a paycheck in proportion to their size, and get a
conversion.  I try to make convert-ly as good as possible, so I probably
am cutting myself off from a nice regular revenue source, but there
_are_ problems that refuse an automatic conversion.

--
David Kastrup