Re: Key Cancellation

From: Shane Brandes
Subject: Re: Key Cancellation
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 13:21:11 -0500

Tim,

    I would agree to such surprise. The piece in question is a
variation, one out of 15, by Franz Ignaz Beecke. (He was a
contemporary of Mozart and at one time won a competition against
Mozart. It made me curious to see what he was writing. Unfortunately,
There seems to be only one readily available score of his which is not
really enough to give much insight into the scope of his writing. But
it was sufficiently interesting think it should be given a new setting
which would be easier to read. Some of the engraving is such that it
makes it hard to readily work out the rhythms)   I am trying to
preserve the larger part of the engraving practice as presented by the
original score circa 1800. The previous variation was in minor and
having a dangling key change was really easy. The front side had me
stumped and it did not cross my mind to present it as a special key.

Shane