Re: Harp lever changes

From: James
Subject: Re: Harp lever changes
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 09:56:22 +0000

Hello,

On 29 January 2012 09:44, Helge Kruse <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to write a score for the lever harp. To indicate a pedal change you
> can write the new pedal position as note names as described in NR "2.2.4
> Harp". While the pedal changes the pitch of all octaves you have to set the
> levers for each individual string. This is indicated within the staff.
>
> To indicate that this notes are not part of the melody, it is surrounded by
> a rectangle and sometimes by a different head shape. This is a but
> complicated  since this rectangle should
> - have it's own place (no notes or rest above or below it)
> - ignored in any beat calculation, since it does not sound at all
>
> The attached examples show only one note per rectangle but are from a usual
> score.
>
> Do you see a way to achieve this requirements with Lilypond?
>
> Here is a examples that does NOT work.
>
> This generates the notes (still without the rectangle) but they take space.
> The last G should be in the second measure.
>

> noHead = {
>
>   \once \override Stem #'stencil = ##f
>
>   \once \override Beam #'stencil = ##f
>   \once \override NoteHead #'style = #'harmonic
>
> }
>
> \score {
>
>   \new Staff
>
>   \relative c' { c4 d e f \noHead <dis dis'> e8 a dis!4 dis'!  g, }
>
>   \layout { }
>
> }

This is going to be of no help to you I am sure, but maybe someone
else reading this who knows the internals better might have an idea
based on:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.14/Documentation/internals/balloontextitem

Such as i there was a way to 'expand' the annotation-balloon around
the grob and then use something like annotation-line = #f to only
print the balloon then 'maybe' (lots of ifs and buts I know) y-shift
the balloon accordingly to get it centered.

IKTWH!

James