Re: Including notes in rhythm indications

From: Brent Annable
Subject: Re: Including notes in rhythm indications
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 17:23:13 +0100

Hey Harm,

What I mean is that I'm producing both a score and parts, and if this indication is in a rehearsal mark, doesn't that mean that the mark will need to be included in the music for each separate part? And if I do that, won't the indication appear 4 times in the score? What I would like is for the indication to appear once at the start of the score and once at the start of each part. What would be the easiest way to do that?

Brent.

On 29 January 2012 16:01, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Brent,

2012/1/29 Brent Annable <address@hidden>:
> Thomas,
>
> Thanks very much for your reply and your solution. The reason I wanted to
> use it in the meter line is because I plan to extract parts and wanted to
> centralise the information - is there a way to do this with rehearsal marks
> too?

I don't know exactly what you want to do. Could you post an example?

>(Sorry if I'm outing myself as an inexperienced user.)

No problem! I remember very well the situation, when I started with
LilyPond and sometimes I'm still at a complete loss. :)

> One other thing: in your working example, a small dot appears underneath the
> "H" in "Heavy..." and I can't figure out where it's coming from. Do you have
> any ideas?

sorry, there is a typo in the line:
meterScoreMarkup = \markup {·     <-!!
replace with