Re: Horizontal shifting

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: Horizontal shifting
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 13:41:44 +0100

On 1 February 2012 19:21, Paolo Prete <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there an easy way to shift notes in a way similar to the png
> example attached to this mail?
>
> A way to do that could be using NoteColumn #'force-hshift with an
> invisible additional voice... but I wonder if is there an easier solution.

Instead of using  NoteColumn #'force-hshift  you could override
  NoteColumn #'X-offset .  At least it does not require an invisible
additional voice.

  \once \override NoteColumn #'X-offset = #2

On 2 February 2012 12:48, Paolo Prete <address@hidden> wrote:

> I need to reduce space between notes.. (and between a note and a barline)
> It appears very strange to me that there's not a feature or a way for doing
> that in Lilypond.
> Are there feedbacks?

LilyPond implements the complex rules of horizontal spacing of engraved
score.  It handles tricky polyphonic rhythms and uncommon notes
durations remarkably well.

You could play with  SpacingSpanner #'spacing-increment  and/or
  SpacingSpanner #'shortest-duration-space  to modify the horizontal
spacing, as explained in  NR 4.5 Horizontal spacing .
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/notation/horizontal-spacing.html

You could also change  Staff.Barline #'space-alist  table.
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.15/Documentation/internals/barline

%%%% Snippet

\version "2.15.27"

\relative c' {
  c4 c f
    \once \override NoteColumn #'X-offset = #2
    e |
  \once \override Score.SpacingSpanner #'shortest-duration-space = #3
  \newSpacingSection
  c4
    \newSpacingSection
    c f e |