Re: Tremolos between two whole notes

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Tremolos between two whole notes
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2012 11:32:05 +0100

Janek Warchoł <address@hidden> writes:

> 2012/2/4 Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden>:
>> Maybe the last time this was discussed
>> was in a thread with Janek and his new tremolo styles?
>
> I don't recall discussions about whole note tremolo related to the
> tremolo style i was working on.
> As for the said tremolo style, i'd like to finish that indeed, but i
> have lots of other stuff flying around, and also i'm heavily
> demotivated because of recent Patchy rewrite failure :(
>

> 2012/2/4 Brent Annable <address@hidden>:
>> I suppose, since the issue is already known and I'm not a programmer, I just
>> need to wait then?
>
> You can pay David Kastrup to fix it; chances that "just waiting" will
> be enough to have it fixed are close to 0.  If i were you i'd find
> some other people who want this and pay David together.

Probably it would be more effective to find some people for paying David
to finish the work Janek got stuck on (which, after all, is supposed to
replace work that LilyPond users can't be bothered with doing manually),
and thus free Janek to think about what it would take for him to tackle
this issue rather than working on less pleasant things.

> sorry for being grumpy,

After enough work on LilyPond, this will change.  Not the "grumpy" part,
but the "sorry" one.

All the best

--
David Kastrup