Re: midi output on lilypond editor?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: midi output on lilypond editor?
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2012 14:46:47 +0100

MING TSANG <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi, lilypond editor creator:
>

> May I request lilypond editor to create midi file as well.  I sing
> tenor in a choir.  If I can enter notes on lilypond editor and have
> midi output to practise singing, this will be awesome.  Right now I am
> using jedit to so that.  Lilypond editor provides a more easy way to
> do that.

The editor does not create Midi.  LilyPond does if you heed the
instructions in the manual.  Cf
<URL:http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.14/Documentation/notation/creating-midi-files>.

It is not clear what you are asking for that would not already be there,
and why you would be seeing a difference between "LilyPond editor" and
jEdit.

--
David Kastrup