Ambitus after incipit

From: Bockett Hunter
Subject: Ambitus after incipit
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 19:01:11 -0500

I am doing an edition of some early music, so each voice
has an "incipit", which is the start of the music in the old clef.
(There is an example in A.5 Ancient Notation Templates.)

I also wish to show the range of each voice.  When I add
    \context {
      \Voice
      \consists "Ambitus_engraver"
    }
to the \layout, I get a range at the very beginning of each voice,
and it is in the old clef.  That makes it hard for someone to
glance at the score and see what various voice ranges are.

What I would like is to have the voice range displayed
after the incipit and before the modern clef, in the modern clef,
Nothing I've tried works; I would appreciate help.