Re: Fwd: Experimental Web-based Lilypond Editor

From: Dean Herington
Subject: Re: Fwd: Experimental Web-based Lilypond Editor
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 23:16:04 -0500

[As a courtesy to a poster of a message to the French-speaking Lilypond list, I'm offering my humble translation.]

Hello,

I've tried in vain to write my message in English, but given the difficulty I've had, I'm posting in French, hoping that someone will post it to the English-speaking list... We could discuss it here [on the French-speaking list], but there's more response on the English-speaking list!

It would be interesting to combine some of the Mutopia files with this online editor, especially melodies and songs, to make it easy to transpose these scores automatically without having to copy/paste the source code, add the \transpose command, etc. Maybe a simple interface could be created for this specific purpose?

I use Mutopia mainly for this purpose, and with this feature I would be able to share [the transposed scores] with my singer friends who aren't comfortable installing and using Lilypond (or with computers in general).

I hope I've been clear.  Thanks!
Calixte