Re: Custom paper size

From: Nick Payne
Subject: Re: Custom paper size
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 08:07:26 +1100

On 06/02/12 22:03, Joseph Haig wrote:
Is it possible to set a custom paper size by specifying dimensions?
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/Paper-size
seems to suggest that the only way is to manually edit the paper.scm
file.

What I want to do is have a very wide page so that an entire piece can
fit on a single stave. The reason for this is to produce a video to go
along with the music that shows a single stave scrolling left and this
seems to be the best way to do it. I would be grateful to hear if
anyone has done this sort of thing before or knows of a better way.

You can do it like so:

\paper {
  #(set-custom-paper-size '("mysize" . (cons (* 210 mm) (* 1000 mm))))
}

setting the values as you want them.

Nick