Re: Default Mark and Tempo

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Default Mark and Tempo
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 14:10:01 +0100

Hi Nels,

please always answer to all!

2012/2/8 Nels Daily <address@hidden>:
> I mean having them on the same horizontal plane. You have to create tempo
> marks and rehearsal marks separately, but then they don't align horizontally
> and it looks messy. I want to know if they can be made to align horizontally
> with a setting

If you try the approach of the mentioned thread, you get the attached image.
I thought that this is the output you wanted, if not, I don't
understand what you're trying.

\version "2.14.2"

\paper {
 ragged-right = ##t
}

myLayout = \layout {
 \context {
   \name "MarkLine"
   \type "Engraver_group"
   \consists Output_property_engraver
   \consists Axis_group_engraver
   \consists Mark_engraver
   \consists Metronome_mark_engraver
   \override RehearsalMark #'extra-spacing-width = #'(0 . 0)
   \override MetronomeMark #'extra-spacing-width = #'(0 . 0)
   \override RehearsalMark #'Y-offset = #0
   \override MetronomeMark #'Y-offset = #0
   \override VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent = #'(-2 . 2 )
   \override VerticalAxisGroup #'staff-staff-spacing = #'((basic-distance . 1)
                                  (minimum-distance . 1)
                                                          (padding . 1)
                                                          (stretchability . 3))
 }
 \context {
   \Score
   \override MultiMeasureRest #'expand-limit = #1
   \remove Mark_engraver
   \remove Metronome_mark_engraver
   \accepts MarkLine

foo = \relative c'' {
        c'1
        \mark \default
        \tempo "Fast" 4 = 120

\score {
 <<
   \new MarkLine \foo
   \new Staff { %{\compressFullBarRests %} \foo }

 \layout { \myLayout }
}

> or if there's a way to make a tempo mark within a rehearsal
> mark.

Well, it is possible to fake the printed output of a MetronomeMark
within a RehearsalMark. But you get loss of other informations carried
by the MetronomeMark. So I can't recommend this.

HTH,
  Harm