Re: grace note issue/bug

From: lily-user
Subject: Re: grace note issue/bug
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 16:22:52 -0800 (PST)

David Kastrup wrote:

> lily-user <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Thanks Phil. That fixed it. However, isn't this something that should
>> be done automatically?
>
> Most bugs have the annoying property not to fix themselves
> automatically.

I very well know that. By "this" I meant that the solution in the
documentation. Its really hard to keep track of where you added a grace and
to synchronize it for all staves. By "automatically", I meant, the program
knows that there is grace note, can't the fix be (which ofcourse has to be
programmed) so that it automatically synchronizes. I may be wrong about the
fix, but I was asking if that's a possibility.

First, I am beginner, so I didn't know that this was a bug. I was thinking
that I was doing something wrong.

Also, on further investigation I found that, it is harder to keep track,
because, looks like I have to synchronize for every "\break" and/or
"\pageBreak".