Re: Instrument line in header block - first piece only?

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Instrument line in header block - first piece only?
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 02:12:15 +0100

Hi,

2012/2/10 -Eluze <address@hidden>:

> Brent Annable wrote:
>>
>> Ok, so it looks like I need to include print-all-headers = ##t, and then
>> suppress the 'instrument' line in all subsequent scores.
>>
> that will probably not be sufficient…
>

>> Can someone direct me to a document describing how to do that? My search
>> didn't reveal anything.
>>

> I couldn't find a detailed documentation.
>
> I never have used this before, but I stumbled over customizing the
> oddFooterMarkup when trying to include score variables (book variables seem
> to work).
> if I don't succeed soon I'll file a report/question on the bug list.
>
> Eluze
> --

regarding titling-init.ly I think it's not a bug but intended behaviour.

Of course scoreTitleMarkup can be redefined:

\version "2.14.2"

myScoreTitle = \markup {
        \override #'(baseline-skip . 3.5)
        \column {
          \fill-line { \fromproperty #'header:dedication }
          \override #'(baseline-skip . 3.5)
          \column {
            \huge \larger \bold
            \fill-line {
              \larger \fromproperty #'header:title
            }
            \fill-line {
              \large \smaller \bold
              \larger \fromproperty #'header:subtitle
            }
            \fill-line {
              \smaller \bold
              \fromproperty #'header:subsubtitle
            }
            \fill-line {
              \fromproperty #'header:poet
              % { \large \bold \fromproperty #'header:instrument }
              \null %\fromproperty #'header:composer
            }
            \fill-line {
              \fromproperty #'header:meter