Re: Thinking about putting together a grant to support development on Li

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Thinking about putting together a grant to support development on LilyPond
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 10:26:46 +0100

2012/2/10 Nick Payne <address@hidden>:
> On 10/02/12 10:00, Janek Warchoł wrote:
>> Heck, let's do it!
>> Do you know of any famous pieces of music without freely accessible
>> scores? [...]
>
> The minimum required by the Berne convention is 50 years beyond the authors
> death before a work becomes public domain.

Ok, here are some ideas:
- Sergei Rachmaninoff died in March 1943.  If we start a year-long
project now, we will finish roughly when most of his works will fall
out of copyright.
- Maurice Ravel died in 1937
- Gabriel Faure died in 1924
- Camille Saint-Saens died in 1921
- Claude Debussy died in 1918

Thoughts?
I'm pretty sure that there might be appropriate works of older
composers, just like Bach's Goldberg Variations, but i'm not
knowledgeable in this area.

cheers,
Janek