Re: Instrument line in header block - first piece only?

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Instrument line in header block - first piece only?
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 12:59:24 +0100

Hi Eluze,

2012/2/11 -Eluze <address@hidden>:

> harm6 wrote:
>>
>> I'm not sure to understand:
>> The default is explained in NR 3.2.1
>> How to create custom-titles etc in NR 3.2.2
>>
>> I don't think that there is any need to change something.
>>
> hi Harm
>
> my experience is that using instrument in oddFooterMarkup always shows the
> instrument defined in the books' header and not that of the score.
>
> can this be achieved?
> Eluze

playing around with titling-init.ly I come up with :

\version "2.14.2"

myBookTitle =  \markup {
  \override #'(baseline-skip . 3.5)
  \column {
    \fill-line { \fromproperty #'header:dedication }
    \override #'(baseline-skip . 3.5)
    \column {
      \huge \larger \bold
      \fill-line {
        \larger \fromproperty #'header:myTitle
      }
      %\fill-line {
      %  \large \smaller \bold
      %  \larger \fromproperty #'header:subtitle
      %}
      %\fill-line {
      %  \smaller \bold
      %  \fromproperty #'header:subsubtitle
      %}
      \fill-line {
        \fromproperty #'header:poet
      %  { \large \bold \fromproperty #'header:instrument }
        \fromproperty #'header:myComposer
      }
      %\fill-line {
      %  \fromproperty #'header:meter
      %  \fromproperty #'header:arranger
      %}

myScoreTitle = \markup {
        \override #'(baseline-skip . 3.5)
        \column {
          \fill-line { \fromproperty #'header:dedication }
          \override #'(baseline-skip . 3.5)
          \column {
            \huge \larger \bold
            \fill-line {
              \larger \fromproperty #'header:title
            }
            \fill-line {
              \large \smaller \bold
              \larger \fromproperty #'header:subtitle
            }
            \fill-line {
              \smaller \bold
              \fromproperty #'header:subsubtitle
            }
            \fill-line {
              \fromproperty #'header:poet
               % { \large \bold \fromproperty #'header:instrument }
              \null %\fromproperty #'header:composer
            }
            % \fill-line {
            %   \fromproperty #'header:meter
            %   \fromproperty #'header:arranger
            % }
            \fill-line {
              \fromproperty #'header:piece
              \fromproperty #'header:opus

music = \relative c' {
        \repeat unfold 10 { c1 \break }
        \pageBreak
        \repeat unfold 10 { c1 \break }
        \pageBreak
        \repeat unfold 10 { c1 \break }
        \bar "|."
}

\paper {
        ragged-right = ##f
        ragged-last-bottom = ##f
        scoreTitleMarkup = \myScoreTitle
        bookTitleMarkup = \myBookTitle

        oddHeaderMarkup = \markup
         \fill-line {
          %% force the header to take some space, otherwise the
          %% page layout becomes a complete mess.
          " "
          % Next line is commented to show the instrument
          % on the first page.
          %\on-the-fly #not-first-page
          \fromproperty #'header:instrument
          \on-the-fly #print-page-number-check-first
          \fromproperty #'page:page-number-string

\book {
        \header {
                myTitle = "Das Wohltemperierte Klavier"
                myComposer = "J.S. Bach"
        }
% FUGA I
 \bookpart {

    \markup \vspace #5

        \header {
                title = "FUGA I"
                piece = "a 4"
                instrument = "First Instrument"
           }
        \score {
            \new Staff \music
% Fuga II
 \bookpart {
        \header {
                title = "FUGA II"
                piece = "a 4"
                instrument = "Second Instrument"
                myTitle = ""
                myComposer = ""
        }
        \score {
                \new Staff \music
% Fuga III
 \bookpart {
        \header {
                title = "FUGA III"
                piece = "a 4"
                instrument = "Third Instrument"
                myTitle = ""
                myComposer = ""
        }
        \score {
                \new Staff \music

Note: I commented the currently not needed lines in order to
facilitate making other custom-output.

Personally I use the bookTitleMarkup only to create a custom-tagline.
For the title page I use sth like Nicolas demonstrated in
http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=368

HTH,
  Harm