Redefining Lilyponds internal scheme functions from my .ly file

From: Nils
Subject: Redefining Lilyponds internal scheme functions from my .ly file
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 00:18:04 +0100

Hello list,

Figured Bass standalone sharps and flats are much too small and have
the wrong position. I can change that in
/scm/translation-functions.scm
(define-public (format-bass-figure figure event context)
line 147, change -2 2  to 0 0.
and line 160 change 0.3 to 0.1

Since there is a patch for this in the lilypond bugtracker, I think
for over a year or several years now, someone does not want this in
with a reason. However, I don't like to patch my Lilypond everytime I
upgrade.

Can I make these changes locally, attached to a .ly file so that I can
send it around?

Nils