Re: Change color for some symbols in a sylable

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Change color for some symbols in a sylable
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 08:16:12 -0600

Hi Svetlana!

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 6:11 AM, Svetlana <address@hidden> wrote:

Sorry for the late answer, too many things require my attention these days.
Thank you for making the code better, I've tested it and it works as supposed. I've finally prepared the description for LSR. Also, I've prepared new script with less notes, but the most difficult things that I've encountered while making Znamenny chants in Lilypond are all there. In the future I'll try to write a converter for znamen.ru specific format to Lilypond in some language that I know (good challenge for my brain).
So, here is the description:
******start*********
Snippet for scripting of Znamenny chant (Знаменный распев), that uses Znamena instead of linear notation. The snippet gives working example of scripting Znamena with automatically colored "red marks", combined with lyrics and linear notation (transcript of the Znamena). LSR doesn't support custom font for Znamena, so the font for the correct render can be downloaded here: http://znamen.ru/paraklht.zip (mirror:http://euridica.narod.ru/paraklht.zip). Rendered snippet is available here: http://euridica.narod.ru/Znamenny_chant.pdf.
In general, the function may be used for automatic coloring of all specified symbols in your lyrics.
Feel free to change it if my English fails somewhere or if you'd like to add some technical details about Lilypond and the Unicode problem.

Sorry about my (very) late response!

This looks good to me.  Apart from some minor changes, I'll probably add a note about the Unicode issue, since the snippet might prove helpful to someone working with special characters in other ways.

One doubt I've had concerns what will be displayed in the LSR.  I may be wrong here, but I believe that snippets need some working example attached, some output that can be displayed.  Your example looks great, but you didn't attach the code for it.  I'm guessing that was intentional (since the LSR won't do it justice!)  Would it be OK to show your example?  Or perhaps the snippet's output could be a colorized Cyrillic text only? What do you think?

Best,
David

Best,
Svetlana