Re: Feathered Beams + Make-Moment Confusion

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Feathered Beams + Make-Moment Confusion
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 01:05:58 +0100

Hi Joey,

2012/2/16 Joey Di Nardo <address@hidden>:
> Sorry about that. Here ya go:
>
> percOne = \drummode {
> \tempo 2 = 60
> %\tempo 2 = 45
> \time 5/4
>
> %1
> r8\mp
> \times 2/3 { wbh16 wbh r16 }
> \override Beam #'grow-direction = #RIGHT
> \featherDurations #(ly:make-moment 1 4)
> { wbh16[ wbh wbh r16 wbh] }
> r2.
> |
> }
>

> \score {
>  \new DrumStaff {
>        \percOne
>  }
> }
>
> \version "2.15.27"

\featherDurations { <music> } doesn't change the length of <music>  as
a whole. If you remove \featherDurations the barcheck should not fail.
It does! So there is something else to change.

Well, I don't know what you intend, perhaps:

percOne = \drummode {
        \tempo 2 = 60
        %\tempo 2 = 45
        \time 5/4

%1
        r8\mp
        \times 2/3 { wbh16 wbh r16 }
        \override Beam #'grow-direction = #RIGHT
        \featherDurations #(ly:make-moment 1 2)
        { \times 4/5 { wbh16[ wbh wbh r16 wbh] } }
        r2. |
}

\score {
        \new DrumStaff {
                \percOne

\version "2.15.27"

HTH,
  Harm

P.S. Also you might be interested in this thread:
http://old.nabble.com/Making-feathered-beams-more-variable-tt32705102.html#a32790344
with an extended function to print feathered beams and an improved
feather-duration-function by David Nalesnik.