Re: Suppressing \pageBreak within score

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Suppressing \pageBreak within score
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 01:56:02 +0100

Hi Ralph,

2012/2/15 Ralph Palmer <address@hidden>:

> I'm transcribing / transposing a bunch of celtic / contra / dance tunes to
> play on the viola. Most of these are 16 or 20 bars long. I'm using the
> following structure :
> \book {
>   \score {}
>   \score {}
>   \score {}
> % etc.
> }
>
> I would like to :
> 1) have LilyPond put as many complete scores as possible on each page;
> 2) have LilyPond *not* make a page break within a score, if possible; and
> 3) have LilyPond allow a page break within a score, if there's no way that
> score can fit on a single page.
>
> I believe I have no scores that would run over one page if the score is the
> only one on the page, so the requirements could probably be limited to "as
> many scores as possible on each page, and no page breaking within a score".
> I've done this in the past with manual page breaks, but I'm up over 100
> tunes, and it's tedious to redo all the \pageBreaks whenever I add a tune in
> the middle (alphabetical order and all).
>
> Is this feasible?
>
> I appreciate your time and attention,
>
> Ralph

I tested to insert

myLayout = \layout {
                \context {
                        \Score
                        \override NonMusicalPaperColumn
                                #'page-break-permission = ##f

in every score.
and then:

mus = \relative c'' { \repeat unfold 16 { \repeat unfold 8 { c8 } } \bar "|." }

\book {
\score {
          \new Staff \mus
          \layout { \myLayout }
  }
\score {
          \new Staff \mus
          \layout { \myLayout }
  }
% ...
% ...
% ...
}

I thought it would be limited to the current score, but it affects the
whole book.

That's intersesting.

But doesn't help.

Sorry,