Re: Custom-scheme-engraver - was: "counting-numbers" above bars called w

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Custom-scheme-engraver - was: "counting-numbers" above bars called with \repeat unfold
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 18:26:45 -0600

Hi Carl,

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 6:56 PM, Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:

Way cool!  This is a sketch for how one would go about adding a new grob
to LilyPond in a modular fashion.

Thank you.  I'm in the process of adding custom properties to the grob after the model of define-grob-properties.scm (thank you again Harm and Arnold from the German forum for showing me how to do this), and I'll share this once I have something.

I'm glad you like what I have here, but a lot of what I've done is simply taken and adapted slightly from "scheme-text-spanner.ly," which I believe was contributed by Mike Solomon.

This file is in a fairly obscure place (regression tests) and I only know about it from the use it was put by Neil Puttock here:
Could this regression test be put in a more prominent place, like the documentation snippets?  I've found it extremely useful.

Just FYI, in 2.15.29, bezier-sandwich is done away as a stencil type.
Instead, we just use a path stencil, which is capable of recreating the
bezier-sandwich functionality.

I've checked this, and it should be possible just to replace "make-parenthesis-stencil" with the new definition from stencil.scm.

Best,
David