Re: polychords: a working solution

From: James
Subject: Re: polychords: a working solution
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 01:54:40 +0000

Hello

On 18 Feb 2012, at 00:25, Graham Percival <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 01:06:18AM +0100, Thomas Morley wrote:
>> Following the link to 7.2 Adding and editing snippets I read:
>> "If the new snippet uses new features that are not available in the
>> current LSR version, the snippet should be added to
>> ‘Documentation/snippets/new’ and a reference should be added to the
>> manual. ... "
>>
>> Is this sth a normal user can do?
>
> Not directly.  A new user can create a snippet, but then it needs
> to go to a developer to add it.  James Lowe would normally
> volunteer for that, but his village is stuck on 1.4 kb/s bandwidth
> at the moment.

This is still true - am at a friend's at the moment - however the very least
I'd suggest is to make a tracker item, put what you want and where in the
tracker, include any code etc. Screenshots are usually useful (keep them
small). I can then pick up the bits and pieces and make a snippet for the
Notation Reference assuming it's appropriate and/or ask questions, once I get
back from my holiday.

Tracker items are cheap and if I get hit by a bus, at least someone else will
have the information to do this in the future and it isn't lost. That's the
best short term solution for now I think.

James

Ps. you can send the request to bug list as an enhancement if you cannot add a
tracker. One of the bug squad will see it and create the request.