Re: polychords: a working solution

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: polychords: a working solution
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 12:43:41 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Saturday, February 18, 2012 12:34 PM

On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 12:25:33PM -0000, Phil Holmes wrote:
----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival"
<address@hidden>
>You have impressive email filters.

I think you'll find that one of the volunteers here has been doing a
full LSR import whenever it's needed.  Oh.  It's me.  It's not
needed every week - I only do it if there are new snippets tagged
with docs.

That's true; I was addressing my frustration towards the wrong
person.  There's a huge amount of work that users take for
granted, but arguing with you isn't going to help anything.

I apologize.

- Graham

OK. Thanks. I know this goes against the grain for you, but it's time for a brief look on the bright side. You're no longer running patchy-staging and we have a way forward for that. Between David, myself and James (once he finds an internet) we can have patchy-test sorted out. People _are_ volunteering for other work - Janek and regtests. Users here for LSR update work. Quite a few of us are trying to run GUB and only failing because of build problems - I suspect my problem is the fact I run 64 bit. IMHO the bug squad is running successfully at present.

As you know only too well, we're all volunteers and that makes organisation fragile. But please don't be all doom-and-gloom _all_ the time.

--
Phil Holmes