Re: Forcing whole notes to merge?

From: Alberto Simões
Subject: Re: Forcing whole notes to merge?
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 15:58:41 +0000

On 19/02/12 15:54, David Kastrup wrote:
Alberto Simões<address@hidden>  writes:

On 19/02/12 15:49, David Kastrup wrote:
Alberto Simões<address@hidden>   writes:

On 19/02/12 15:34, David Kastrup wrote:
Alberto Simões<address@hidden>    writes:

Hello,

Is there any way to force two whole notes, from different voices, to
merge their head?

Uh what?  How would you figure out that they are from both voices?

I am not composing. I am transcribing a music, and I want to make it
look alike.

You can discuss how I know they belong to both voices :)

Anyway, is this possible? :)

You can blank out either note by changing stencil or putting a spacer
rest.  Or you can switch off Notecolumn collision detection, resulting
the note heads to be printed on top of one another.

Thank you. Will use a spacer. thank you

The stencil and/or collision method has advantages if you need to add
lyrics to both voices or want to produce Midi.

Actually, you can do it with \once\hideNotes c'1 (I think that works via
stencil).

If neither are an issue, the spacer is likely easiest.

Yep, thank you. I am producing MIDI, but it is the same instrument, and therefore there isn't really a difference on the produced sound.

Cheers
ambs